STAR WORLDS – Once again, the winner of the day is French skipper Xavier Rohart and crew Serge Pulfer. Race 4 was equally as challenging as the previous day’s race, but not because of the weather. Rohart and Pulfer fought inch by inch with John MacCausland and Phil Trinter from the moment the starting gun was fired until the last couple of seconds at the finish.
With each day the competition among the Star fleet at the Qualcomm 2013 Star World Championship grows more intense. The fleet began the day with a starting sequence on time at 1230 hrs, but three minutes into the sequence the Race Committee postponed the race to adjust the starting line to avoid another general recall. Shortly after, the Race Committee attempted another start, but was forced to order a general recall when the majority of the fleet was over the starting line before the gun.
Finally on the third attempt, the fleet was all clear at the start but two of the Stars in particular stood out instantly. Xavier Rohart with crew Serge Pulfer and John MacCausland and Phil Trinter were the first two boats off the starting line at the gun with the best boat speed and position on the course. At this moment Rohart and MacCausland began leading the fleet up the right side of the course and their duel to win the race.
Provisional results after 4 races:
1) J. MacCausland-P. Trinter, USA, 17 pts.
2) B. Ledbetter-G. Morton, USA, 19 pts.
3) G. Szabo-C. Moss, USA, 22 pts.
4) X. Rohart-S. Pulfer, FRA, 24 pts.
5) A. Campbell-J. von Schwarz, USA, 48 pts
6) A. Diaz-A. Baltins, USA, 57 pts.
7) C. Buchan-J. Buchan, USA, 61 pts.
8) V. Brun-B. Terhaar, USA, 62 pts.
9) H. Merkelbach-G. Bartel, GER, 62 pts.
10) E. Doyle-P. Infelise, USA, 65 pts.
Click here for full preliminary results.