MELGES 24 RACING – Audi tron is the unprecedented winner of the Audi tron European Sailing Series Melges 24, event organized by the Fraglia Vela Riva in cooperation with con B.Plan Sport&Events valid as the fourth act of the continental sailing circuit dedicated to the most widespread one design boat produced by the Melges Performance Sailboats.
The Audi Italia Sailing Team has collected another victory after Kiel only one week ago, taking over the over 45 participating boats winning race nine: their victory has been signed with a race in advance.
Second on the podium for the world and European champions of Blu Moon (2-1), lead by an always very convincing Flavio Favini.
A great satisfaction also for the crew of Maidollis (3-3) helmed by Gabrio Zandonà ranking third at 8 points by Audi tron.
The top five has been completed by Andrea Racchelli ‘s Altea (4-2) winner of the Melges 24 European Sailing Series act held in Portoroz and the vice continental champions of
Giogi (9-8), guided by Balestrero-Celon.
Ranking 6th with the best Corinthian group, Gill Race Team (5-9) of the Laser SB20 world champion Geoff Carveth, that anticipated team Magica of Pietro Andolini and Lorenzo Gemini.
Thanks to this new victory Audi tron has consolidated its leading role in the Melges 24 European Sailing Series that will be concluding in Medemblik 19-21 September.
Beside sailing other experiences have taken place by the Audi Hospitality, where anyone interested could enjoy free drives with the latest flagship models such as the RS6 avant, SQ5, A3 g-tron, S1 Sportback and A1 admired.
The Top 3 in open (Pro) division:
1. Audi tron ITA-840 – Riccardo Simoneschi (3-2-1-6-2-1-2-3-1-47DNC*) 21 pts
2. Blu Moon SUI-825 – Flavio Favini (1-1-2-10*-3-10-3-1-2-1) 24 pts
3. Maidollis ITA-822 – Gabrio Zandonai (2-3-3-4-5-2-4-18*-3-3) 29 pts
The Top 3 in Corinthian (Pro Am – professionals not allowed) division:
1. Gill Race team GBR-694 – Geoff Carveth (11-7-12-27*-11-2-10-16-5-7) 82 pts
2. Magica ITA-764 – Lorenzo Gemini (14-10-8-39*-28-14-5-5-6-4) 94 pts
3. Marrakech Express ITA-636 – Alfredo Capodanno (10-6-6-12-46-5-47DNC*-11-12-12) 110 pts