AND NOW A WORD FROM OUR SPONSORS – Speed for sale from XScats. Word has it a new 2015 XS35 cat demo can be had for $169,000! Yep, a new 2015 demo with sails that is 17.5 feet wide with a 48 foot turbo rig will be ready to sail in 12 weeks. Only one offered at this price. Includes any custom hull color… green, red, silver or ??? Where can you get a new -114 rated boat for $169,000 that sleeps four adults and has two heads? Email info@xscats or call 800-366-8584 to get the all details!
XS WORLD SAILING NEWS
- 23 October 2014 23:45:18 Volvo Ocean Race Weather Forecast Scuttlebutt Sailing News Weather forecast courtesy of PredictWind: The 2014-15 Volvo Ocean Race began Leg 1 on October 11, which takes the seven teams 6478 nm from Alicante, Spain to Cape Town, South Africa. ETA is Oct. 31 – Nov. 9. All boats are on their way to the Fernando de Noronha waypoint. It appears that the Western [&hellip
- 23 October 2014 23:27:08 Qualifying continues at Optimist World Championship Scuttlebutt Sailing News San Isidro, Argentina (October 23, 2014) – After the second day of qualifying at the Optimist World Championship, Nicolas Rolaz (SUI) has now posted a 2-4-3-5 to lead the 207-boat field. Tied for second is Mara Turin (SLO) and German Valentin Muller, while Emma Kaneti (USA) leads the North American contingent. The schedule calls for [&hellip
- 23 October 2014 23:04:09 Focus remains solidly on improvement Scuttlebutt Sailing News Mark Towill, general manager and crew member onboard the American/Turkish flagged Team Alvimedica, checked in today (Oct. 23) with Scuttlebutt to file this Volvo Ocean Race update during Leg 1 from Spain to South Africa… We aren’t even half way to Cape Town but one thing is for sure: this is going to be a [&hellip
- 23 October 2014 22:50:08 Penultimate day at F18 U.S. National Championship Scuttlebutt Sailing News
Corpus Christi, TX (October 23, 2014) – After fitting in five races on Wednesday at the F18 U.S. National Championship, lighter conditions today allowed for three races to be completed. With 13 races now on the scoreboard (and 2 discards), Michael Easton and Tripp Burd continue to hold the lead, though their margin over the second place team of Cruz Gonzalez Smith/Mariano Heuser has shrunk to five points. A maximum of 18 races are scheduled for the five day event to conclude on October 24. Click headline for details.
- 23 October 2014 22:39:04 Italians apply pressure at RS:X Youth World Windsurfing Championship Scuttlebutt Sailing News Clearwater, FL (October 23, 2014) – After a layday on Wednesday, racing returned today at the RS:X Youth World Windsurfing Championship, with mens and womens fleets completing three races. Among the 54 men, Spaniard Toni Macias slipped today, and is now trailing Italian Mattia Camboni by 3 points. Ma Kwan Ching (HKG) continues to lead [&hellip
After two days and 7 races, Christian Spodsberg DEN is the clear leader 19 points ahead ...
Optimist World Championship - New leader Sailweb Sailing and Yachting News As the Optimist World Championship in San Isidro, Argentina takes a break, Slovenian Mara Turin takes the overall lead
Cat Sailing News
Zhik F18 US Nats 2014 for Mike Easton & Tripp Burd Catamaran Racing, News & Design Images above Jasper van Staveren. Great event at Corpus Christi Yacht Club. The Class put Jasper to take pictures, they also published xresults after each race plus Live updates in the official FB page facebook.com/F182014.
But the best of the championship was seen on the water. 14 races total with two discards, and mixed conditions from 16 to 6knots racing. 40 boats gathered by the US Class and
2014 Renaissance Re Junior Gold Cup - Day 2 Sail-World.com USA Latest News Stamina and determination were key factors for the competitors racing in day two of the Renaissance Re Junior Gold Cup
Four Races Down At Opti Worlds ISAF World Sailing RSS The second day of the Optimist World Championship saw lighter winds as the fleets were held ashore, waiting for the breeze to build. The first race saw the lightest conditions so far with about 8 knots.
Yann Guichard and Spindrift 2 in the starting blocks in Saint-Malo! VSail.info Never in the race's 36-year history have there been so many competitors and so many huge trimarans. The 10th edition of the most famous single-handed transatlantic yacht race is already rewriting the record books.
XS Sailing XS Sailing AC NEWS – Airbus has forged a technology partnership with the sailing team ORACLE TEAM USA, as it prepares to defend its title at the 2017 contest for the 35th America’s Cup, which is the world’s oldest international sporting trophy. As official Innovation Partner of ORACLE TEAM USA, Airbus will share the know-how of its […]
Live Sail Die
- 6 October 2014 00:02:07 EXSS – Act 7 Nice: Alinghi Winners Live Sail Die Morgan Larson has one hand on the 2014 Series trophy after Alinghi snatch victory in Nice - Realteam narrowly denied their first Act win, after an edge of the seat final race shoot out. - J.P. Morgan BAR take their second podium position of the year finishing third – the Brits are getting stronger and [...]
- 5 October 2014 21:26:08 2014 North Sails NZ Young 88 Owners Nationals – Photos Live Sail Die The North Sails New Zealand Young 88 Owners Nationals was a mixed weekend with the fleet forced to abandon racing on Saturday and go Wind Warrior Racing instead. Click here for the video! Sunday saw five of the scheduled six races completed with shifty and inconsistent conditions. The race committee made the reluctant decision to [...]
- 5 October 2014 09:01:47 Depth Charge Ethel – Leech 650 Live Sail Die Our mates over in Briz-Vegas at Hell Yeah!! Boatbuilders have spent the last two years mucking around in a garage consuming enough beer to see a small island nation through a decade! Oh, and at the end of the two years, a Leech 650 Sports boat rolled out of the garage – WAHOO….! ‘Depth Charge [...]
- 5 October 2014 02:25:46 Volvo Ocean Race – Team Alvimedica take first blood! Live Sail Die Three changes of leader in one hour. A five-second gap between Team Alvimedica, winners of the Alicante In-Port Race, and Abu Dhabi Ocean Racing, second. Just 25 seconds to MAPFRE, in third. Alicante In Port Race Full Replay: [Volvo Ocean Race Media: Agathe Armand] One thing’s for sure – it’s a tight game out there. [...]
- 5 October 2014 01:45:33 EXSS – Act 7 Nice: Day 3 Live Sail Die Damage limitation for The Wave, Muscat tomorrow after a day to forget while the Swiss teams rule The third day of racing on the French Riviera for the Extreme 40s could prove to be one of the most defining days of the whole 2014 season, with the leaderboard well and truly blown open. There were [...]
The Daily Sail
- 24 October 2014 19:52:30 Tour card holders crash out Feed of all Daily Sail content Picture postcard perfect conditions returned to Bermuda for the third and final day of Qualifying at the Argo Group Gold Cup, the sixth stage of the 2014 Alpari World Match Racing Tour.
- 24 October 2014 09:53:59 The west pays Feed of all Daily Sail content Images above courtesy of Expedition and Predictwind
- 23 October 2014 21:34:44 Canfield and Williams shine in rainy Bermuda Feed of all Daily Sail content Conditions turned decidedly damp for the second day of racing at the Argo Group Gold Cup, stage six of the Alpari World Match Racing Tour.
- 23 October 2014 21:28:12 Jerome Pels resigns Feed of all Daily Sail content After more than 17 years with ISAF, CEO Jerome Pels has decided to pursue other professional challenges.
- 22 October 2014 22:44:24 Pole position Feed of all Daily Sail content Hurricane Gonzalo, the Argo Group Gold Cup, the sixth stage of the 2014 Alpari World Match Racing Tour, set sail on Bermuda’s Hamilton Harbour today, albeit postponed by 24 hours.
- 14 October 2014 12:29:33 Ainslie aims for lasting legacy Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Sailing | BBC Sir Ben Ainslie hopes basing his America's Cup team in Portsmouth will create a lasting legacy on the south coast.
- 13 October 2014 13:49:50 Brits take all-female crew into lead Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Sailing | BBC British duo Samantha Davies & Libby Greenhalgh have taken the all-female crew of Team SCA into the lead of the Volvo Ocean Race.
- 13 October 2014 13:22:09 Kate becomes sailing charity patron Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Sailing | BBC The Duchess of Cambridge becomes the royal patron of a new sailing charity connected to Britain's bid to win the sport's America's Cup in 2017.
- 10 October 2014 10:40:11 Portsmouth aiming for America's Cup Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Sailing | BBC Portsmouth hopes to play host to two preparation events for yachting's 35th America's Cup over the next two summers.
- 25 September 2014 11:01:20 Sailor Scott targets Rio redemption Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Sailing | BBC Sailor Giles Scott is determined to put missing out on the London 2012 Olympics behind him by winning gold at Rio 2016.
- Route du Rhum - Destination Guadeloupe race village opens mysailing News The 91 boats have arrived ahead of the start next Sunday.
- Tour card holders struggle to make finals at Argo Gold Cup mysailing News Keith Swinton was deducted half a point for a collision forcing him to miss the finals.
- Vatti steals the lead on day one at China Cup mysailing News Malcolm Page has joined the Vatti crew for his first China Cup while Seve Jarvin is on second placed Vanke Longcheer.
- Australians win 2014 Platu 25 One Design Championship mysailing News Scott Duncanson claimed first overall while fellow Australian Chris Way took second.
- Volvo Ocean Race fleet pays tribute to King Neptune mysailing News The fleet are happy to be out of the Doldrums and chasing the leaders.
- 7 August 2014 02:41:00 Rio de Janeiro Olympic Test Event: Mid-Regatta Report US Sailing Pictured: Charlie Buckingham (Newport Beach, Calif.), Laser August 6, 2014 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – As Day 4 of the Aquece Rio International Sailing Regatta (Olympic Test Event) concludes, US Sailing Team Sperry Top-Sider athletes remain focused on absorbing as much knowledge as possible about the 2016 Olympic Games venue during their time in Brazil. Good weather conditions […]
- 6 August 2014 23:54:40 Chubb U.S. Junior Championships – Day 1 Report US Sailing TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. (August 6, 2014) – Ninety-three confident young racers set sail on West Grand Traverse Bay in the first of three days of racing at the 2014 Chubb U.S. Junior Championships, hosted by Grand Traverse Yacht Club (GTYC) and Traverse Bay Community Sailing (TBCS). Tuesday’s racing clinics and practice races with five of […]
- 5 August 2014 19:30:25 Chubb U.S. Junior Championships 2014 Preview US Sailing TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. (August 5, 2014) – A talented collection of the top young sailors in the country have arrived in Northern Michigan and are eager to test themselves this week in single-, double-, and triplehanded competition on the waters of West Grand Traverse Bay. The Chubb U.S. Junior Championships is US Sailing’s most historic […]
- 5 August 2014 12:57:45 USCG Empanelled Standards/Rubrics Experts Team Launches National Validation Survey US Sailing Portsmouth, RI (August 5, 2014) — A team of experts assembled with U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) grant funding seeks national content validation of SAIL boat operation standards/rubrics that will be freely available to the boating public. This is your opportunity to impact the development of free recreational paddling and rowing (canoes, kayaks, rowboats, paddleboards, etc.) […]
- 3 August 2014 14:48:32 Racing Begins at Rio Olympic Test Event US Sailing Pictured: US 49ers training in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. August 3, 2014 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – On Sunday August 3, racing at the Aquece Rio International Sailing Regatta (Olympic Test Event) begins with Rio de Janeiro’s mountainous skyline and scenery providing a dramatic backdrop. For US Sailing Team Sperry Top-Sider athletes, the event will provide another […]
Sailing Anarchy Forums
- 25 October 2014 05:21:57 San Diego??? Sailing Forums
Just my irritated HO.
Tastes like chicken..SD has no wind...at least most of the time.
These flyer rigs cannot handle decent pressure.
As a matter of fact, maybe the idea of pressure has become ho-hum in this now screwed-up so bad venue others like moi have given up on it. Way to further the mess there boyos!
Miss the "slow creakies!"
- 25 October 2014 05:09:23 New Cubed - First Supermaxi Since Speedboat Sailing Forums
Here's the look.
Purpose: Record breaking
Schedule: Splash October/First race 2014 Sydney Hobart.
Photo credit: spring fever
-Loooooong keel (“Ubelievable amount of stability” - KR)
-Speedboat sized rig
-Mast VERY far back “Extreme version of Macif”)
-Twice the hull volume of WOXI
-“Some unconventional underwater thinking”)
-All manual winches for record breaking (maybe a couple powered for deliveries)
- 25 October 2014 05:09:20 When sailing gets in the way of love....... Sailing Forums
- 25 October 2014 05:05:21 VOR 2014-15 - Leg 1 Sailing Forums
Now that the fleet is complete, I suggest to start a new thread for the actual race legs. The entrants one is 22 pages long...
Let's start with a prediction about the final standings in Gothenburg next summer (and in Cape Town):
1. Azzam (this is Ian's race to loose, I reckon. Star-line-up well funded)
2. Brunel (Bouwe has unfinished business with the race. Could well end first, but he has got some youngsters on board that could be a liability)
3. Campos (great sailors on board, but coming late and with the skipper expected to miss some legs. Too many handicaps to be able to win?)
4. Vestas (same as Campos, but actually with a full dedicated skipper. Could end up mixing my prediction. Crew unknown yet)
5. Dongfeng (the frenchies are extremely strong, but are short of crew with the unexperienced chinese...)
6. Alvimedica (first time youngsters...likely to struggle while learning)
7. SCA (somehow a surprise to see them fall back so fast in the RBI and the Canaries regatta...)
- 25 October 2014 04:55:16 Sailing round the world in a beach cat OR Hotrod meets Rimas Sailing Forums
He has got further than Rimas but he has wrecked it BY running into something which Rimas has not. He has no accommodation on this thing Nada so Hotrod is one up there. He has no GPS so Rimas is ahead of him again at least in the equipment stakes.
He also capsized it and managed to right it somehow.
How mad is this guy?
Admin if this has been posted already feel free to delete it.
- 24 October 2014 17:59:00 AP: OTUSA now sailing out of SFYC Pressure Drop
...um...does the GGYC know yet?
- 24 October 2014 16:58:00 Elevating Their Game Pressure Drop
The young upstarts at Live Sail and Die have really ratcheted up there game a notch, with their photo coverage of the PIC Coastal Classic race from Auckland to Russell. Just
- 24 October 2014 03:44:00 Not Phoning It In Pressure Drop
Team Vodaphone establish new record in the Coastal Classic Auckland to Russell NZ, knocking 28 some odd minutes off the old mark.
5hrs 13min 21sec the new standard!
- 23 October 2014 18:00:00 Hit And Run: Scott Creek Incident Lands 2 in Hospital And One In Jail Pressure Drop Television Station KSBW reports on a sad incident on the Santa Cruz County Coast where two surfers cheking out the conditions at Scott Creek were struck by an innatentive driver who then fled the scene.
Negotiating the surfers, kiteboarders, windsurfer and beach goers who park along Highway 1 at Scott Creek
can be hazardous.
- 23 October 2014 17:54:00 October 23 Update Pressure Drop
Always keeping an eye out for the changing conditions. Brian Carlin/Team Vestas Wind/Volvo Ocean Race
Volvo Ocean Race
- 24 October 2014 20:50:00 Daily Photo Contest The Volvo Ocean Race Official News
- 24 October 2014 20:35:00 A new hemisphere The Volvo Ocean Race Official News
- 24 October 2014 12:23:00 From the boats The Volvo Ocean Race Official News The best of the OBR's blogs - OCTOBER 24
- 24 October 2014 01:27:00 We're sorry The Volvo Ocean Race Official News We’re sorry that some of you have experienced problems with our website, app and tracker since the start of Leg 1 – we’re working on 24/7 to fix these issues.
- 23 October 2014 20:22:00 Your Twitter questions The Volvo Ocean Race Official News We answer your questions on the race