- 28 July 2014 19:38:47 Aquece Rio – International Sailing Regatta – All set for test event Scuttlebutt Sailing News The Aquece Rio – International Sailing Regatta 2014 is the first test event of the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games and will take place August 2 – 9 from the Marina da Gloria. With 324 athletes from 34 nations, racing in 215 boats, it is set to be the largest Olympic classes sailing competition [&hellip
- 28 July 2014 19:13:00 Game Over At Techno 293 Worlds Scuttlebutt Sailing News
Brest, France (July 28, 2014) – The Race Teams gave it all they could to get a last race in before the final day cut off at the 2014 Techno 293 World Championship but it was not to be. Building winds with sunshine ensured the fleets were ready but as the starts were attempted the surrounding cloud culminated in a windshift and the game was over. Carlo Ciabatti (ITL), is the Youth Boys World Champion. Lucie Pianazza (FRA) is the Youth Girls World Champion and took the first seven bullets of the championship. Click headline for full report.
- 28 July 2014 18:11:40 ISAF World Sailing Rankings for July 28, 2014 released Scuttlebutt Sailing News
Rankings for July 28 have been released and highlight match and fleet racing classes. Classes included this week are 49erFX, 49er, Men’s and Women’s 470, Men’s and Women’s RS:X, Laser, Laser Radial, Finn and Nacra17. The full ISAF World Sailing Ranking lists, results from all ISAF Graded events, lists of Graded events throughout the year, Ranking release dates and the method of calculation for the Rankings can be found on the ISAF website. Click on headline for full report.
- 28 July 2014 16:55:50 420 World Championships – Qualifying Rounds Underway Scuttlebutt Sailing News Travemunde, Germany (July 28, 2014) – First day of racing wrapped at the 420 Worlds after a day of light wind racing on the opening day. Silvia Mas/Marta Davis (ESP) lead the 420 Ladies by 1 point as they continue their gold medal winning ways from the ISAF Youth Worlds. In the 420 Open fleet [&hellip
- 28 July 2014 00:11:57 Nelson snags Marblehead NOOD Overall title Scuttlebutt Sailing News The sixth and final event on the Sperry Top-Sider NOOD Regatta circuit culminated with the 125th anniversary of Marblehead Race Week, with 158 teams competing in the three day event (July 25-27). David Nelson and his crew not only claimed first place in the 32-boat Rhodes 19 class, but also snagged the honor of Marblehead [&hellip
Hotting-up in Rio - First test event for Rio 2016 Olympics Sailweb Sailing and Yachting News The Aquece Rio – International Sailing Regatta 2014 is the first test event of the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games and will take place from 2-9 August
Cat Sailing News
Moth Worlds 2014: Nathan Outteridge Champ Catamaran Racing, News & Design All Images Tom Gruitt / Yachtsandyachting.com - Full gallery, Report and Results at Yachtsandyachting.com. Nathan Outteridge is missing the A-Class World title to grab the ultimate Triple Crown (49er, Moth & A-Cat/Multi) to become officially the most complete sailor of his generation, and the greatest performance class sailor ever.
Got the chance to met him at Carnac in May, and fly the FP with
Aquece Rio - International Sailing Regatta - All set for test event Sail-World.com USA Latest News The Aquece Rio - International Sailing Regatta 2014 is the first test event of the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games
Game Over At Techno 293 Worlds ISAF World Sailing RSS The Race Teams gave it all they could to get a last race in before the final day cut off time of 16:00 at the Techno 293 Worlds in Brest, France but it was not to be.
Photo gallery: Team Brunel training in Lanzarote VSail.info Fresh from their victory at the Marina Rubicón Round Canary Islands Race, the Dutch team had yet another spectacular photo-shoot session off Lanzarote with top photographer Sander van der Borch
XS Sailing XS Sailing TORNADO SAILING - On day three of the European Tornado Championships, Roland and Nahid defended their 2nd place with 2 firsts and a 2nd place in conditions between 6 and 11 knots. The Greek duo hat trouble crossing the start line because of a speedboat crossing the line seconds into the first race. They had to […]
Live Sail Die
- 16 July 2014 21:29:34 Menace in Sydney Live Sail Die Check out the video we put together for the MC38 Menace Yachting after the 2014 Harbour Regatta in Sydney last weekend. Menace – In Sydney from Live Sail Die on Vimeo. The stills Post by Live Sail Die.
- 16 July 2014 09:08:10 Belcher & Ryan – Champions Again Live Sail Die Belcher and Ryan win 2014 Open European 470 Championship at home of the Olympics in Athens, Greece Olympic Champion Mat Belcher (QLD) and World Champion crew Will Ryan (QLD) have taken the gold medal at the 2014 Men’s 470 Open European Championship, which wrapped up in Athens, Greece last night. The duo defended their 2013 ...
- 16 July 2014 08:51:51 YNZ Youth Team: Long, tough day in Tavira Live Sail Die t was a long, tough day for the NZL Yachting Trust Youth Team in Tavira, Portugal on day two of the 2014 ISAF Youth Sailing World Championships. Light winds meant all fleets were kept ashore until late in the day with racing not getting underway until after 4pm when a steady breeze allowed for competition. ...
The Daily Sail
- 28 July 2014 09:41:43 Danish prodigy claims title Feed of all Daily Sail content Everybody was nervous in the morning as they waited for the wind to fill in. The wind was too light to start racing the important final matches.
- 27 July 2014 22:00:49 Developments for the Tour de France a la Voile Feed of all Daily Sail content After the Ecume de Mer (1978), the First 30 (1979 to 1981), the Rush Royale (1982 and 1983), the Sélection 37 (1984 to 1991), the JOD 35 (1992 to 1998), the Farr 30 (1999 to 2010) and the M3
- 27 July 2014 20:38:11 Victory for Camilla Ulrikkeholm Feed of all Daily Sail content World #1 Camilla Ulrikkeholm of Denmark showed today at the Women’s Match Race Golfe du Morbihan in Vannes, France, why she holds the top spot of the ISAF world ranking.
- 27 July 2014 20:08:06 Jahmali claims J-Cup Feed of all Daily Sail content After facing the very real prospect of not being able to race in the regatta, organised by Key Yachting and run by the Royal Southern Yacht Club, it was quite a turn around in fortunes for Mike and
- 26 July 2014 20:32:55 Irish whitewash at Brewin Dolphin Commodores' Cup Feed of all Daily Sail content Ireland's three boat team, comprising Anthony O'Leary's Ker 39 Antix, Marc Glimcher's Ker 40 Catapult and Michael Boyd and Niall Dowling's Grand Soleil 43 Quokka 8, today
- 19 July 2014 12:37:30 Ainslie unfazed by Aussie withdrawal Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Sailing | BBC Sir Ben Ainslie says Team Australia's withdrawal from the 2017 America's Cup will not affect a planned British challenge.
- 15 July 2014 20:27:15 Mills and Clark win European silver Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Sailing | BBC British pair Hannah Mills and Saskia Clark win silver medals at the 470 European Championships in Greece.
- 14 July 2014 16:35:29 Patience & Willis win European gold Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Sailing | BBC British pair Luke Patience and Elliot Willis win gold at the 470 European Championships in Athens.
- 13 July 2014 19:57:38 Fletcher and Sign recover for bronze Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Sailing | BBC Dylan Fletcher and Alain Sign recover from a wrecked boat to claim overall bronze at the 49er European Championships in Helsinki.
- 11 July 2014 08:12:33 Patience dreams of soaring to Rio gold Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Sailing | BBC Rhona McLeod takes to the water with Olympic silver medallist Luke Patience and hears what inspired him to aim high in sailing.
- Meet the magazine editors at the Sydney International Boat Show mysailing News You can get a two year subscription to Cruising Helmsman or Australian Sailing + Yachting for the price of one year.
- Good-natured ribbing expected at Sydney International Boat Show mysailing News European boats are coming outwith features that Hunter from the USA pioneered.
- Record fleet for Brisbane to Keppel Tropical Yacht Race mysailing News The race start has been brought forward by a day, to allow trophy presentation on Sunday.
- Celestial in box seat for Sydney-Gold Coast handicap honours mysailing News Light breezes for the back-markers should give Sam Haynes the title.
- Wild Oats takes line honours in Sydney-Gold Coast Race mysailing News After avoiding the parking lot on Sydney Harbour, the big maxi was never headed.
- 28 July 2014 13:36:03 US Team Takes Bronze at ISAF Youth Match Race Worlds US Sailing Joachim Aschenbrenner Takes Gold At ISAF Youth Match Race Worlds Denmark takes the gold medal in the first ISAF Youth Match Racing World Championship, Australia gets silver, and bronze goes to the USA.Everybody was nervous in the morning as they waited for the wind to fill in. The wind was too light to start racing […]
- 23 July 2014 16:15:35 Sailing through STEM Night at CYC US Sailing Opti Nationals Hosted by California Yacht Club to Run US Sailing Reach Event MARINA DEL REY, Calif. (July 23, 2014) – US Sailing has partnered with the United Sates Optimist Dinghy Association (USODA) and the California Yacht Club (CYC) in Marina del Rey to create new pathways for our youth sailors in STEM (Science, Technology, […]
- 22 July 2014 19:41:58 Sam Gilmour Victorious Again at Gov Cup US Sailing Sam Gilmour Victorious Again at Gov Cup
- 21 July 2014 17:57:30 Summer 2014 Update US Sailing The 2014 racing season is in full swing across the US! The Multihull Committee had a very productive teleconference on May 22. Topics of note are that a trophy committee was formed, and a long-term plan for action items was discussed at length. There was lots of focus around training and youth development. Major regatta […]
- 21 July 2014 17:56:14 Spring 2014 Update US Sailing Like most disciplines, for multihull sailors, winter is a time for southern regattas. A number of our classes also hold midwinter championships. The bulk of our activity during this time of year has been spent on planning for regattas during the remainder of the year. Planning is in full steam for the Formula 16 World […]
Sailing Anarchy Forums
- 28 July 2014 20:05:38 So ugly I would be embarrassed to charter. Beneteau Oceanis 35 Sailing Forums
This boat has some new ideas that make it worth looking at. Just keep in mind that prolonged observation of this boat may have unknown health effects on those who enjoy sailing.
Even the line drawing is hideous.
- 28 July 2014 19:55:48 2014 SMCM Governor's Cup Sailing Forums
From St. Mary's College of Maryland's FB page:
Registrations are now at the highest level compared to any year in the past decade!!
If you've been on the fence about this one, sign up!
- 28 July 2014 19:52:12 Does anyone here support Coutts? Sailing Forums
Is there anyone in this forum that still supports Russell Coutts and his idea of how to run the America's Cup?
Does anyone have an ear to the ground to know if Ainslie and ETNZ really support him?
- 28 July 2014 19:49:56 Sailing Watches Sailing Forums
Anyone got an idea for the best cheapish sailing watch out there? I'm sure this has been asked already but the search function is very shite.
My old Casio has given up after 12 years of use and abuse so if anyone has other ideas that would be great!
- 28 July 2014 19:49:00 How easy is it to raise and lower the mast on a Santana 20? Sailing Forums
How easy is it to raise and lower the mast on a Santana 20? Can it be done by one person? Can it be done while the boat is afloat?
I am looking at various options for a modest sailboat mainly for daysiling. I'd like it to have a cabin adequate for sheltering during a thunderstorm or sleeping in during an occasional overnight trip. Two berths and portapotty would be adequate for the accomodations. One criteria is that it must be possible to quickly drop the mast to get under a low roadway bridge. I was considering a Catalina 22, but a Santana 20 looks like more fun.
- 28 July 2014 19:03:00 Mackin, With The Meridian Gang Pressure Drop Graham Garrenton provides a recap of the 2014 Chi-Mac race and the after party!
The 106th Race to Mackinac was shaping up to be a chilly one, water temps in the upper lake still in the 40’s just a month before the race. After almost 95% ice coverage this winter it wasn’t a surprise either. Fortunately for us warm weather people from Virginia, there was a significant uptick
- 28 July 2014 16:59:00 62' SuperNikka in the Works Pressure Drop
Our latest project is the sleek and aggressive 62′ SuperNikka for Italian owner Roberto Lacorte. A unique combination of light powerful carbon racer and fully featured family cruiser, SuperNikka is based on a chined light offshore-oriented raceboat hull with tall rig and deep lifting keel, perfect for targeting Mediterranean racing with his existing team. A keen racer and creator of the 151 Miglia offshore
- 28 July 2014 05:24:00 The Hunt For Red Abalone Pressure Drop
The New York Times John Branch spent some quality time on the North Coast with Photographer Jim Wilson and penned a very eloquent article
on the allure of California's most prized mollusk, the effort to preserve it and the risk involved in obtaining it!Abalone is an edible mollusk, a snail-like, single-shell
- 28 July 2014 05:03:00 ETNZ Disinvited To AC 35 Planning Meeting Pressure Drop
The Independent UK reports that ETNZ has been uninvited to the next rounds of AC35 negotiations:
"Oracle boss Sir Russell Coutts bars former Kiwi team-mate from America's Cup meeting in London"While Sir Ben Ainslie
- 28 July 2014 04:17:00 Whidbey The Wind Go? Pressure Drop
An abnormal series of weather systems brought abnormal conditions for this years WIRW participants which received the most rain they had witnessed in the events 32 year history, some stagnant monsoon temps and eventually, some breeze.
Jan's Marine Photography was out there, rain or shine and brings this nice sampling:
Volvo Ocean Race
- 24 July 2014 20:14:42 Dock Talk: Mind, Body and Spirit Volvo Ocean Race - Latest News
It’s been a busy few weeks for our teams - and now is the perfect time for reflection, refueling and recharging batteries, as the race nears.
- 23 July 2014 13:50:03 Medical Consequences: A Taste Of The Sea Life Volvo Ocean Race - Latest News
Welcome to a world where the home comforts that we take for granted are few and far between...
- 22 July 2014 21:34:03 Reflections: Marina Rubicon Round Canary Islands Race Volvo Ocean Race - Latest News
A look back on a great few days of sailing - and the perfect way to whet the appetite for the big race...
- 18 July 2014 21:55:03 First Things First: Marina Rubicon Round Canary Islands Race Volvo Ocean Race - Latest News
The 19th of July saw the start of an inaugural race which will be of great interest to Volvo Ocean Race fans...
- 17 July 2014 20:38:42 Dock Talk: Head To Head Volvo Ocean Race - Latest News
This week marks the Round Canary Islands race - and with three of our teams taking part, the first time that the new one-design Volvo 65's have been raced against each other...