AND NOW A WORD FROM OUR SPONSORS – Speed for sale from XScats. Word has it a new 2015 XS35 cat demo can be had for $169,000! Yep, a new 2015 demo with sails that is 17.5 feet wide with a 48 foot turbo rig will be ready to sail in 12 weeks. Only one offered at this price. Includes any custom hull color… green, red, silver or ??? Where can you get a new -114 rated boat for $169,000 that sleeps four adults and has two heads? Email info@xscats or call 800-366-8584 to get the all details!
XS WORLD SAILING NEWS
- 23 September 2014 00:50:54 Adaptive Sailing Instructor Workshop Scuttlebutt Sailing News US Sailing is hosting the first ever Adaptive Sailing Instructor Workshop located at the Sea Scout Base in Galveston, TX on October 25-26, 2014. The seminar is scheduled for the weekend prior to the 2014 U.S. Disabled Sailing Championship being held October 30-November 2, 2014 at the Galveston Community Sailing Center. Details
- 23 September 2014 00:43:38 Growing the sport by keeping it casual Scuttlebutt Sailing News The first annual Three Crib Fiasco on Saturday (September 20) launched its concept of ‘cruising around’ Chicago’s lakefront landmarks – the water cribs located just off the Windy City’s lakefront. Patterned after the Three Bridge Fiasco in San Francisco, the event’s singular goal was to provide a platform to expose new sailors to the activity [&hellip
- 22 September 2014 23:08:01 Breezy opener at J/24 World Championship Scuttlebutt Sailing News Newport, RI September 22, 2014) – Seventy teams from 13 countries joined today for the first of five days at the 2014 J/24 World Championship. Two races were completed on the ocean course in blustery conditions, with five-leg races and 1.5 mile opening beats. The top of the fleet saw some familiar names but also [&hellip
- 22 September 2014 22:45:56 Youth Sailing: Something to think about Scuttlebutt Sailing News by Craig Leweck, Scuttlebutt Most kids in the USA that have learned to sail, and like it, proceed to compete in youth events, sailing relatively low performance, simple-type boats. This format has proven very popular and can continue through their school years. However, this path for young sailors does not have a natural transition from [&hellip
- 22 September 2014 22:03:11 Raising the next generation to be lifetime sailors Scuttlebutt Sailing News Jody Starck, 2013 U.S. Rolex Yachtswoman of the Year, has deep roots in the Lightning class. To ensure the health of the class, and of the sport, Jody shares the work being done to get young people involved in sailing at Buffalo Canoe Club in Ridgeway, Ontario… A few people at our club figured out [&hellip
Peter Burling/Blair Tuke NZL, early World Champions ...
Peter Burling/Blair Tuke NZL, early World Champions ...
No racing at 5.5m World Championship Sailweb Sailing and Yachting News Due to lack of wind, racing was abandoned on the first day of 5.5m World Championship 2014 in Porto Santo Stefano, Tuscany - but video available
Cat Sailing News
Alter Cup / US Multihull Championship 2014: Lars Guck 1st Catamaran Racing, News & Design All Images by US Sailing / Peter McGowan - Total domination for Lars Guck in the 2014 (Hobie) Alter Cup edition raced in A-Cats for the first time. The US fleet is filled with talented sailors and also builders /designers. For ie boats featured in these images above are all US built/designed: A3,Evo & Barracuda.
Also the video editing is some of the best we've seen
Grenada Sailing Week - Dates set for 2015 edition Sail-World.com USA Latest News The dates are definite and planning for Grenada Sailing Week Thursday 29 January to Tuesday 3 February 2015 is under way
Santander 2014 ISAF Worlds - Final Day Highlights ISAF World Sailing RSS Four more world champions were crowned at the Santander 2014 ISAF Sailing World Championships as racing wrapped up in the Spanish City on a day blessed with glorious sunshine.
100 days to the start VSail.info Anticipation, emotion and excitement. Those are some of the emotions being experienced today by both the Barcelona World Race organisers and the teams taking part in the world's only two-crew, non-stop round the world regatta.
XS Sailing XS Sailing SAILING TO THE PUBLIC – Extreme Sailing Series™ organisers OC Sport has today released a very positive interim independent media evaluation report conducted by independent agency Havas Sports & Entertainment. The report projects a 24% increase in media value by the year-end, and like-for-like comparison of first 4 Acts this year versus last indicates an […]
Live Sail Die
- 22 September 2014 22:33:00 Like a pig in mud – Squealer’s Fiji Video Live Sail Die It’s been a few months now since a strong fleet of enthusiastic keelboats raced in the ANZ Sail Fiji event, however the memories are not far from the minds of those who raced. Post by ANZ Sail Fiji. Squealer, and Elliott 10.5 from Tauranga, had an awesome race. The pipped Django on the line by [...]
- 22 September 2014 10:44:13 Rio 100 enters the Rolex Sydney Hobart! Live Sail Die RIO 100, an American entry known better to locals as Zana, Konica Minolta and Lahana, is the 70th entry received for the 2014 Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race; tying in nicely with the 70th running of the Cruising Yacht Club of Australia’s famous 628 nautical mile event. Built as a 98 footer named Zana for [...]
- 22 September 2014 09:03:01 Bart’s Bash at Drummoyne Sailing Club Live Sail Die Check out these two cool vids from Bart’s Bash at Drummoyne Sailing Club! The beauty of this event is that it brought sailors together, young, old, experienced and brand new. Well done Drummoyne Sailing Club and thanks for sharing with us! And here is the Live Sail Die video from Wakatere Boating Club!
- 22 September 2014 01:04:38 NZL Opti Worlds Team Fundraiser THIS SUNDAY! Live Sail Die If you are in Auckland this Sunday – head over to the Richmond Yacht Club (Westhaven) and support the future of New Zealand Yachting. The 2014 NZL Optimist Worlds Team are having a fundraising night with guest speaks and auction. All proceeds going towards the team on their journey to the Optimist worlds in San [...]
- 21 September 2014 23:30:56 ISAF Worlds: NZL Sailing Team Success Live Sail Die NZL Sailing Team at ISAF Worlds: Burling and Tuke finish with a win Peter Burling and Blair Tuke ended the 2014 ISAF Sailing World Championships in Santander, Spain by winning the medal race in front of a massive crowd returning ashore to be presented their 49er crown which was in the bag before today’s race. [...]
The Daily Sail
- 21 September 2014 22:41:23 Taylor Canfield defends his title Feed of all Daily Sail content In a masterful display of tenacious match race sailing in today’s blustery conditions, Taylor Canfield has successfully defended his Chicago Match Cup title, the only US event on the Alpari W
- 21 September 2014 19:53:44 Bart's Bash heads for the record books Feed of all Daily Sail content Thousands of people from around the world took part today in Bart’s Bash, a sailing race that looks set to break the Guinness World Record for the Largest Sailing Race (24 hours).
- 21 September 2014 19:06:24 Season title to Quantum Racing Feed of all Daily Sail content Quantum Racing secured the 2014 Barclays 52 Super Series title today on race 7 of the Zenith Royal Cup Marina Ibiza regatta and on the next race they did enough to also win the Ibiza event
- 21 September 2014 18:47:27 Four more World Champs Feed of all Daily Sail content Four more world champions were crowned at the Santander 2014 ISAF Sailing World Championships as racing wrapped up in the Spanish City on a day blessed with glorious sunshine.
- 20 September 2014 22:29:44 The final four Feed of all Daily Sail content The Chicago Match Cup delivered conditions today true to its moniker as the Windy City, with the four top teams on the Alpari World Match Racing Tour leaderboard advancing to the Semi Finals in blu
- 21 September 2014 18:01:23 Scott secures world Finn class gold Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Sailing | BBC Britain's Giles Scott wins Finn class gold at the Sailing World Championships in Santander, Spain.
- 20 September 2014 17:52:03 Mills and Clark book Olympics spot Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Sailing | BBC GB sailors Hannah Mills and Saskia Clark win 470 bronze at the World Championships to book a place at the Olympics.
- 20 September 2014 15:52:01 Record bid race in memory of sailor Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Sailing | BBC Thousands of sailors are set to break the world record for the largest sailing race in the world in memory of Olympian Andrew Simpson.
- 19 September 2014 16:07:53 Shaw misses out on windsurfing medal Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Sailing | BBC Britain's Bryony Shaw admits she "blew it" after missing out on a medal at the Sailing World Championships in Santander.
- 18 September 2014 14:57:47 Thompson wins Laser bronze for GB Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Sailing | BBC Nick Thompson wins bronze medal for Great Britain in the Laser class at the Sailing World Championships in Santander.
- Extreme Sailing Series records another major increase in media coverage at half-way stage of 2014 mysailing News The inclusion of an Australian team has seen local audiences increase.
- More than 100 passengers rescued from tall ship that ran aground near Statue of Liberty mysailing News The ship ran aground in shallow water about 500 yards south of the Statute of Liberty.
- Taylor Canfield wins Chicago Match Cup mysailing News The Virgin Islander beat Ian Williams (GBR) 3-1 inthe final.
- The Excellent Adventures of Island Girl: Lagos, Gibraltar and Alicante mysailing News After a crew change, Island Girl has checked out the sights of Gibraltar and had a look at the new Volvo fleet.
- The Excellent Adventures of Island Girl mysailing News Two Olympians and their wives set sail from England to the Mediterranean and beyond.
- 7 August 2014 02:41:00 Rio de Janeiro Olympic Test Event: Mid-Regatta Report US Sailing Pictured: Charlie Buckingham (Newport Beach, Calif.), Laser August 6, 2014 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – As Day 4 of the Aquece Rio International Sailing Regatta (Olympic Test Event) concludes, US Sailing Team Sperry Top-Sider athletes remain focused on absorbing as much knowledge as possible about the 2016 Olympic Games venue during their time in Brazil. Good weather conditions […]
- 6 August 2014 23:54:40 Chubb U.S. Junior Championships – Day 1 Report US Sailing TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. (August 6, 2014) – Ninety-three confident young racers set sail on West Grand Traverse Bay in the first of three days of racing at the 2014 Chubb U.S. Junior Championships, hosted by Grand Traverse Yacht Club (GTYC) and Traverse Bay Community Sailing (TBCS). Tuesday’s racing clinics and practice races with five of […]
- 5 August 2014 19:30:25 Chubb U.S. Junior Championships 2014 Preview US Sailing TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. (August 5, 2014) – A talented collection of the top young sailors in the country have arrived in Northern Michigan and are eager to test themselves this week in single-, double-, and triplehanded competition on the waters of West Grand Traverse Bay. The Chubb U.S. Junior Championships is US Sailing’s most historic […]
- 5 August 2014 12:57:45 USCG Empanelled Standards/Rubrics Experts Team Launches National Validation Survey US Sailing Portsmouth, RI (August 5, 2014) — A team of experts assembled with U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) grant funding seeks national content validation of SAIL boat operation standards/rubrics that will be freely available to the boating public. This is your opportunity to impact the development of free recreational paddling and rowing (canoes, kayaks, rowboats, paddleboards, etc.) […]
- 3 August 2014 14:48:32 Racing Begins at Rio Olympic Test Event US Sailing Pictured: US 49ers training in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. August 3, 2014 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – On Sunday August 3, racing at the Aquece Rio International Sailing Regatta (Olympic Test Event) begins with Rio de Janeiro’s mountainous skyline and scenery providing a dramatic backdrop. For US Sailing Team Sperry Top-Sider athletes, the event will provide another […]
Sailing Anarchy Forums
- 22 September 2014 22:23:28 What dinghy am I looking for? Need help! Sailing Forums
I don't know what I'm looking for!!! I'm looking for a cheap and sporty dinghy. What are my needs:
* I want to be warn out after one or two hours of sailing (at the beginning after 1-2 h swimming ;-))
* the boat should be car-topable
* I want to be fast on the water (not rigging for hours)
* the boat schuld be fast
* I don't need a "winner-boat" I just want to have fun by my own...
THX 4 your ideas
Cello from Germany
- 22 September 2014 22:19:43 blimp anarchy? Sailing Forums This belongs in caption anarchy, but I can't start a thread there.
Snoopy was moving pretty fast. This almost turned into a hot deadly mess.
- 22 September 2014 22:15:35 J70 Worlds / Rudder from Another Mother Sailing Forums
I recently heard the J 70 Class Org allowed all of the previously declared illegal boats to participate. Whats up with that? Strict OD class rules? "Well not for the Worlds, thats ok if you faired your hull among other "infractions", we just want the participation numbers up". And whats with the split fleet? Is this a "sportboat" world championship or an opti green fleet event? 86 boats and split the fleet? What a bunch of chodes.
Pros being so called "owners", Illegally faired boats suddenly becoming legal, carbon rudders being found floating in the harbor, the list continues to grow.
This class to me seems like a colossal joke.
Or is it just me?
- 22 September 2014 22:10:59 Volvo One Design 65 vs Volvo Open 70... Sailing Forums
Which one is fastest???
I am curious to know which one is the fastest; OD is lighter, has a deeper keel, more ballast and a longer bowsprit:
Does anyone have some data or speed logs of the two? (obviously hard to compare as one has been around alot longer than the other).
Are you for or against the VOR being OD?
- 22 September 2014 22:03:24 what is it? Sailing Forums
It is new and it is sailing. Now what is it?
- 23 September 2014 00:22:00 Gettin Cheesy Pressure Drop
Packer Fans come from far and near to play on E-Scows and A Scows at the 49th E Scow Blue Chip at Pewaukee Yacht Club
at where else Pewaukee Lake in Wisconsin!. Part of the Barts Bash Celebrations's Jimmy accepted an invite to
sail in the event in the E-Scows as well as Optis.
Photo Lesa Kinney Gutenkunst
- 22 September 2014 16:10:00 Double Nationals Titles Decided This Weekend @ RYC Pressure Drop
Dalton Bergan credits crewmate Fritz Lanzinger for the nice showing in the 2014 International 14's
Nationals held in conjunction with the Richmond Yacht Club's Totally Dinghy Regatta over the weekend.
"I was trying to hold the tiller straight but Fritz Lanzinger won the regatta."
"It came down to last beat of last race and we were lucky. Any of at least 8 boats could have won"
Said the modest Dalton... The team narrowly edged out the DPYC/RYC duo of Paul Galvez and David Liebenberg
- 22 September 2014 14:53:00 OYRA 8: Short and Sweet Pressure Drop
Fears of a 32 nm drift fest were unfounded as the 19 boats sailing in Saturday's race 8 of the ORYA offshore series
completed the summer portion of the 9 race series. As seen above the crews sailing in race 8 sailed course 8, a short ride out to buoy
Buoy 8, a 14.8 nm jaunt that had most teams all back in the bay and accross the finish by 13:30, en masse!
The 2014 offshore series concludes October 4th with race 9
Above image: Black Soo Racing LLC / Jennifer McKenna
- 22 September 2014 00:06:00 Manouch's Super Maxi Rio Gets Wet Pressure Drop
We mentioned a HERE couple weeks ago, the launching of the refit super maxi Rio at Cookson's boat yard in Auckland.
She got her shake down sail over the weekend and
- 19 September 2014 19:31:00 What Lies Beneath Pressure Drop
Known Wrecks Off The Golden Gate
A team of NOAA researchers today confirmed the discovery just outside San Francisco’s Golden Gate strait of the 1910 shipwreck SS Selja and an unidentified early steam tugboat wreck tagged the “mystery wreck.” The researchers also located the 1863 wreck of the clipper ship Noonday, currently obscured by mud and silt on the ocean floor.
These and other shipwreck investigations
Volvo Ocean Race
- 19 September 2014 19:22:00 13 days until Alicante The Volvo Ocean Race Official News Ah, Alicante. Home of turrón (that’s a nougat), oranges (that’s a fruit) and, for the last six years, the Volvo Ocean Race (um, we really hope you know what that is by now).
- 18 September 2014 21:19:00 Dock talk #15 The Volvo Ocean Race Official News
- 16 September 2014 17:27:00 The youth club The Volvo Ocean Race Official News “I grew up today with one little signature – whether I like it or not!” smiled Team Alvimedica’s Charlie Enright nervously, as he left Volvo Ocean Race HQ last week.
- 14 September 2014 17:05:00 Fine margins The Volvo Ocean Race Official News
- 14 September 2014 13:20:00 Team Vestas Wind win Leg 0 The Volvo Ocean Race Official News They entered the race last, but they are ready. Chris Nicholson’s men proved it at dawn this Sunday, winning Leg 0 in Alicante.